Renal means "of the kidneys," so renal disease is simply a disease of the kidneys.
- High blood pressure
- Swelling of the face and ankles
- Puffiness around the eyes
- More frequent urination (especially at night)
- Foamy urine
- Rusty or brown colored urine
- Back pain just below the rib cage
- Become familiar with the warning signs
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Exercise regularly
- Don't smoke
- Maintain proper weight
- Get checked regularly for diabetes and high blood pressure.
for more information on the stages of renal disease.