Monitoring Your Blood Pressure
How to take your own blood pressure:
- Sit down with both feet flat on the floor and your back up against the chair.
- Wrap the blood pressure monitor cuff above your elbow.
- Rest your arm on a table. Your upper arm should be at heart level.
- Don’t talk while you take your blood pressure.
- Follow the instructions that come with your monitor.
- Take your blood pressure and write down your results. Wait a few moments, take it again, and write down the results.
- Record the results, as directed by your doctor.
Download the following forms for your convenience:How to take your own blood pressure
Daily blood pressure log
Blood pressure and your health (published by the American Society of Hypertension)